Learn. Grow. Experience.
Bookkeeper and Administrative Assistant
Every Bean Counts Inc. is an established bookkeeping and tax services firm with an office in South Edmonton. We have been in operation since 2007 and produce high quality bookkeeping and tax services for our clients.
We are looking for a talented Bookkeeper with an entrepreneurial spirit to work as part of our team. We are open to subcontractor or employee arrangements depending upon the candidate’s qualifications and working agreement. Our office has an environment that strives to provide the client with the best: Professionalism, Personal Service, Precision, and Price.
Ideal candidates have 3+ years full-time experience in full-cycle bookkeeping, a keen eye that can review bookkeeping work, ability to find and make corrections, and provide recommendations to clients. The use of various bookkeeping programs, and knowledge of Quickbooks desktop, Quickbooks Online, the use of .csv files for bookkeeping, and Sage50/Simply Accounting is an asset. Payroll processing experience is also an asset. Good phone etiquette, fast learner, in-depth computer experience, and working knowlege of basic computer and network operations is a must.
As a full-cycle bookkeeper you will be responsible for all aspects of the client’s bookkeeping files. This includes possibly meeting with the client, ensuring deadlines are met, and reviewing work done to ensure that the client receives accurate reports, and providing summaries to the client. You will also be responsible to help with administrative duties in the office including answering phones and client questions, sending out letters and reminders, collections, e-filing, assembling tax returns, assisting with basic office processes, and keeping accurate and up to date record of your time on each duty.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills are a must, as our office is almost paperless
- Ability to work efficiently and to stay focused for long periods of time.
- Detail conscious with ability to recognize and recall situations and important numbers
- 3+ years full-cycle bookkeeping experience is a must.
- Including preparing financial reports, GST returns, and analyzing AJE’s provided by accountant
- Exceptional organizational and prioritization skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills when dealing with both internal team members and clients
- Motivated self -starter with an outstanding work ethic
- Ability to apply common sense, consistent application of knowledge and make professional judgments
- A 1-hour bookkeeping test will be given to qualifying candidates
Starting at $40,000 – $50,000 per year plus medical benefits, a wellness program, and possibility for bonuses. If you have existing bookkeeping clients that you would like to bring over to our company with you, additional compensation will be given.
If you are interested in joining our team and working in a friendly, professional environment, please email your resume to Info@EveryBeanCounts.ca Please use the job position you are applying for as your subject line. Every Bean Counts thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.